click on pictures for a larger view.




Sunday, June 6, 2010

New York Central



New York Central

Oil on birch panel, 2010, 5"x 7"

sold

Todays painting comes after a few days off. Trains, I like, model trains, real trains. I think it goes back to childhood and the early male psyche. When my son was born it was trucks first, then a years long fascination with trains, he was just attracted to it. We didn't really do any thing to encourage it at first, then we fed his appetite for it, I was pretty gung ho after awhile with the train part of my brain waking up after a long slumber. There is a spot in Cleveland Ohio where you can stand in between the rapid transit tracks and the freight tracks and when trains are on both rails and passing by on either side of you at a pretty fast clip its really an intense experience.

#24

No comments: